VUBIQUITY brings premium content to over 1,000 global video distributors spanning 109 million households and, through its digital distribution arm Juice Worldwide, is one of the world’s leading providers of premium content to top OTT platforms.
Its North America software engineering department nurtures independence and creativity and encourages innovation in its quest to produce complex yet scalable and high-performance systems to run its media distribution engine. Team members enjoy learning and sharing knowledge with others in a relaxed atmosphere. They wear multiple hats and work in areas their expertise leads them.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer whose main areas of expertise are Ruby on Rails and Java with 5+ years of experience developing code as part of a team.
- Participate in design sessions, requirements gathering, ticket creation and task estimation
- Deliver incremental functionality on a schedule as part of a team
- Embrace writing tests as an integral part of development
- Participate in code reviews via pull requests
- Write new code and maintain and extend legacy applications
- Rails 4, Rails 5, Rails engines
- Background and scheduled tasks with Resque and Sidekiq
- Horizontal scaling and multi-node coordination
- API definition and development
- Backend development interfacing with internal and external systems
- Java 8, JUnit
- HTML5, CSS
- Git, GitLab
- Linux (CentOS 6, CentOS 7)
Skills nice to have
- React, Angular
- ELK – Kibana visualizations
- Apache Kafka